• Click here for CV (full version).
• Click here for all publications.
A Brief Resume:
2008: Ph.D. in Astrophysics, Steward Observatory, University of Arizona
2003: M.S. in Astrophysics, School of Physics, Peking University
2000: B.S. in Astrophysics, School of Physics, Peking University
B.S. in Economics, China Center for Economic Research, Peking University
2015 – present: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, KIAA, Peking University
2011 – 2014: Hubble Fellow, School of Earth & Space Exploration, Arizona State University
2008 – 2011: Postdoctoral researcher, Steward Observatory, University of Arizona
Research interests: extragalactic astronomy and observational cosmology
– High-redshift quasars and super-massive black holes
– High-redshift galaxies, galaxy clusters and protoclusters
– Cosmic reionization
– Low-redshift quasars/AGNs and galaxies
Publications (as of 2020/05)
– A total of 140+ peer-reviewed papers in major astronomical journals
– A total of 15,000+ citations (SAO/NASA ADS)
Referee for major astronomical journals, including AJ, ApJ, MNRAS, RAA, etc.
Observing proposal reviewer: HST, NAOJ, NAOC, etc.
Grant reviewer: NSF of China, MOE of China, NAOC, etc.
Mauna-kea Spectroscopic Explorer (MSE; 2018–): Member of science working teams
(the ‘AGN’ and ‘Galaxy’ teams).
The 12m Large Optical Telescope (LOT; 2016–2017): Member of the science advisory
committee, and leader of the first science working group.
Subaru Prime Focus Spectrograph (PFS; 2016–): Member.
Dark Energy Spectroscopic Instrument (DESI; 2016–): Member.
Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT; 2015–): Member of two International Science Development
Teams (the ‘Supermassive Black Holes’ and ‘Early Universe’ teams).
Awards and Honors
2019: Top 10 achievements in Astronomy in China, 2018
2015: Youth Qianren award, China
2011: Hubble Fellowship, NASA/STScI, USA
Recent (2020) papers led by my group (as of 2020/06):
• Wang, S., Shen, Y., Jiang, L., et al. 2020, ApJ, submitted, The Sloan Digital Sky Survey Reverberation Mapping Project: How Broad Emission Line Widths Change When Luminosity Changes
• Jiang, L., Wang, S., Zhang, B., et al. 2020, submitted
• Jiang, L., Kashikawa, N., Wang, S., et al. 2020, submitted
• Ning, Y., Jiang, L., Zheng, Z.-Y., et al. 2020, ApJ, submitted, A Magellan M2FS Spectroscopic Survey of High-redshift Galaxies: A Sample of 215 Luminous Lyα Emitters at z ~ 5.7
• Guo, Y., Jiang, L., Egami, E., et al. 2020, ApJ, submitted, A Deep Spectroscopic Survey of Lyα Emitters at z ~ 3.1 over ~1.2 deg^2
• Zou, S., Jiang, L., Shen, Y., et al. 2020, ApJ, submitted, Strong Mg II and Fe II Absorbers at 2.2 < z < 6.0
• Zou, S., Petitjean, P., Noterdaeme, P., …, Jiang, L., et al. 2020, ApJ, submitted, A Carbon Enhanced Lyman Limit System: Signature of the First Population of Stars
• Guo, Y., Maiolino, R., Jiang, L., et al. 2020, ApJ, in press, Metal Enrichment in the Circumgalactic Medium and Lyman-alpha Haloes around Quasars at z ~ 3
• Wu, J., Jiang, L., Ning, Y., 2020, ApJ, 891, 105, Diffuse Lyα Halos around ~300 Spectroscopically Confirmed Lyα Emitters at z ~ 5.7
• Jiang, L., Cohen, S. H., Windhorst, R. A., et al. 2020, ApJ, 889, 90, Luminous Lyman-alpha Emitters with Very Blue UV-Continuum Slopes at Redshift 5.7 < z < 6.6